Egg Nog Pound Cake: (from Southern Living, November 2011)
This is easy-peasy and so delicious! Kids loved it - especially with ice cream! Great for breakfast too. Fits into a loaf pan or one of those pretty seasonal pans from NordicWare! Just use a non-stick cooking spray, even on a fancy pan. It releases easily!
- 1 (16-oz.) package pound cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups eggnog
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat all ingredients together at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Increase speed to medium, and beat 2 minutes. Pour into a lightly greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).